Mateen studied human biology for 3 years at Sheffield Hallam University, where he learned about a range of different health and medical topics.
Mateen developed a deep understanding of different health topics through first-hand experiences of practical lab work and lectures. Mat also learned how to fact-check information from reliable sources such as Pubmed and learned how to reference and cite accurate information from reliable sources by researching up-to-date studies, systematic reviews and randomised controlled trials.
As well as being a health and medical writer and researcher, Mat is a level 2 qualified fitness trainer specialising in weight loss, nutrition and exercise plans for people suffering from obesity and diabetes.
Medical topics breakdown:
- Human physiology and anatomy
- Human reproduction and development
- Cell biology and applied biochemistry
- Molecular biology
- Immunology and microbiology
- Human nutrition
- 1st class honours degree in Human Biology
- CPD and IAOTH accredited certificate in supplement advice
- Level 2 in fitness training at Origym
Medical research experience:
As part of a research project on sarcopenia, nutrition and osteoporosis, Mat worked at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK.
- Medical research and writing
- Nutrition, weight loss and fitness coaching
- Mateen completed a research project on “measures for monitoring rehabilitation in fallers at Nottingham University Hospital NHS trust.
- Mateen completed a research project on “the prevalence and inter-relationship of frailty, Sarcopenia and malnutrition in an osteoporotic population”
- Mateen has also helped clients lose weight through tailored nutrition and fitness coaching.
To learn more about the aims of AM-Biomed, please visit our about page
To view Mateen’s Linkedin profile please click here.
To view Mateen’s Twitter profile please click here.
To view Mateen’s Instagram profile please click here.