Dr Hassamal is a quadruple board-certified psychiatrist who is the CEO and medical director of The California Neuropsychiatric Institute. He pursued his residency at Virginia Commonwealth University and subspecialty training at UCLA and Cedars Sinai Medical Center. In addition to being a prolific author, Dr Hassamal has held key leadership positions in several healthcare start-ups and is the founder of Clinicaltriallink.
Dr Hassamal’s faculty biography can be viewed here.
Dr Hassamal’s peer-reviewed publications can be viewed here
- University of California Irvine, BS
- AUC School of Medicine, MD
- Virginia Commonwealth University, MD
- American Board of Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry, Brain Injury Medicine
- American Board of Preventive Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry
- Pre-clerkship director of the year, California University of Sciences and Medicine, September 2021
- Excellence in Patient Care, Teaching, and Research, UCLA-Kern, April 2017
- Fellow of the Year, UCLA-Kern, May 2016
- APA Research Colloquium for Junior Investigators Award, American Psychiatric Association Meeting, May 2014
To find out more about how we edit and medically review articles, please visit this page which outlines our editorial process.